We’re pleased to announce the release of a special GoodSync edition customized for WD My Cloud NAS* users.
*My Cloud, My Cloud Mirror, EX2, EX2 Ultra, EX2100, EX4, EX4100, DL2100, DL4100, PR2100, and PR4100
What is GoodSync for WD?
With GoodSync for WD installed on Windows or MAC computers, WD NAS owners can easily synchronize or backup the data stored on their computers to their WD NAS device and from their WD NAS device further to other computers, servers, cloud storage, or other local and remote data repositories. This can be done while the WD NAS device is attached to the user’s computer, local network, or even when the WD NAS device is in a remote location.
Main use case scenarios?
- Synchronize data between Windows / Mac computers and a WD NAS device, between two WD NAS devices, or between a WD NAS device and your preferred cloud storage provider.
- Backup data from your Windows / Mac computer to your WD NAS device and from your WD NAS device to a remote location such as other computers, servers, other WD devices, or cloud storage.
- Once you install GoodSync on all your devices and register it with your GoodSync account, you can remotely access your data stored on any of the devices including the WD NAS device using GoodSync Explorer.
How to create synchronization or backup process?
Each GoodSync job defines two local or remote sides engaged in a data backup or synchronization process. GoodSync jobs can be automated to run in a real time mode, periodically, or on a schedule. Multiple GoodSync jobs can be created and set to run simultaneously or sequentially. GoodSync jobs can also be executed in an unattended mode while the user is logged out of the device.
- Auto detection of WD NAS devices on your local network. Device discovery is performed via the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) protocol, which allows seamless discovery and establishes functional network services for data backup and synchronization.
- Increased upload and download speed. GoodSync uses block-level data transfer and works faster than Windows Shares, which makes sync and backup to/from WD NAS much faster. File transfer speed is also much faster, as there is no SMB overhead.
- Intuitive GoodSync Explorer makes it easy to access data stored on your WD NAS from any location.
- GoodSync synchronization and backup jobs can be set to run automatically in real-time mode, periodically, or on a set schedule.
- Our proprietary GoodSync Connect file transfer protocol allows WD NAS users to synchronize, backup or access data on their WD NAS devices when they are remote.
How to start?
- Download and install GoodSync for WD on your Windows and Mac computers from here and on your WD NAS device from the WD internal app-store located in the WD NAS device admin interface.
- Create your GoodSync account during installation and register all your GoodSync app instances with this account.
- Select source and destination folders. (GoodSync automatically lists all WD devices registered under your GoodSync account or detected on your local network).
Is there any support available?
Yes, we have support help center articles ready and you can ask any questions by opening a support ticket from the GoodSync for WD installed on your Windows or Mac by clicking on Help -> Contact Support.
Here are the links to the most frequently read help center articles: